Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jewish Philanthropies

I am majoring in Jewish Studies and minoring in non-profit management through SPEA, so I'm pretty much I'm all about Jewish philanthropy.  In fact, I would love to work at somewhere like the Jewish Federation when I'm older.  As weird and silly as it sounds, it is like two of my favorite things combined.  I cherish my Judaism and my religion, and I love to help people out and make an impact on the world.  
I was really excited to be able to check out a bunch of different websites about Jewish philanthropy - but as I begun to read through them, I realized I didn't have the right expectations of what would be on these websites.  It seemed as each website was a blog, or promoting other blogs.  I wanted information about Jewish philanthropies - and was even hoping that I could possibly find one that I wanted to get involved with.  However, I seemed to be unsuccessful in that search.  I think that while these sites were overall very interesting and did have a lot of information and resources, each of them could have talked a little more about what Jewish philanthropies are and what they have to offer.  I felt there was a lack of description for that.
I think that it is important to understand how Jewish philanthropies work and what is unique about each of them.  Also, it is important to know that there are different levels of philanthropies, each offering services and benefits for different groups of people.  
This kind of stuff is something I am really interested in learning more about - and hopefully I can eventually find more descriptive information about philanthropies, while still having a lot of resources available.

No comments:

Post a Comment