Monday, January 19, 2009

Introduction

Hi there,

Just a brief introduction - my name is Lauren, and I'm a sophomore at IU.  I'm majoring in Jewish Studies and minoring in non-profit management and history.  I am a member of the sorority Alpha Delta Pi, and I'm currently in charge of the Jewish Life Council at Hillel.  I'm from Los Angeles, CA, and attended Milken Community High School, a private Jewish high school in the area.  I was never really involved with youth groups, but I've grown up attending Jewish summer camps.  I attended Camp Hess Kramer for 4 years, and this past summer was my 8th summer attending URJ Camp Newman/Swig, which is affiliated with the Reform movement.  This was my second summer as a counselor, and also did the Avodah (work) and CIT programs there.

I decided to take this class for a few reasons.  I knew people who took it last year and really loved the uniqueness of the class.  As a Jewish Studies major, it is important to find classes for my major that I really can see myself enjoying and that can help relate to my future.  I'm really excited for all that will come out of this course, and I hope this semester is great for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment